Established in 1956 we have continually expanded with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and over 500 general haulage drivers.
Due to additional workloads and continued growth, we are looking to recruit now for our Fakenham, Norfolk depot – A Traffic Controller.
Although previous experience within a traffic office environment is not required, an interest in Road Transport or Logistics would be an advantage.
Location: Fakenham, Norfolk.
Shift Pattern: 4 days on, 4 days off – 07:00 – 19:30 with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break.
Salary: £20,000 with an additional £2,000 bonus.
Day-to-day duties could include:
· Answering inbound calls from both drivers and customers.
· Monitoring drivers working hours and driver activity by the hour.
· Allocating drivers jobs efficiently.
· Proactively dealing with driver’s issues relating to customer deliveries.
· Reporting updates directly to our customers, building strong customer rapport.
· Reporting vehicle faults promptly to the workshop, assisting with booking MOT’s and services.
· Advising drivers both in person and over the telephone,
· Making back-up plans to cover changes in circumstances,
· Using computer software packages for booking delivery times, checking to ensure accuracy with details.
· Efficiently communicating with the Traffic Team on updates and issues.
Key Skills Required:
· Good customer service and communication skills,
· Confident approach to handling inbound and outbound calls.
· Problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt plans.
· Strong geographical knowledge of the UK.
· Comfortable with using IT, computer imputing, updates, times and notes etc.
Must be able to cope with a very fast-paced working environment in a busy office.
Please note: Our Traffic office is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
Candidates/Applicants who have not heard from us by 5th February 2021 should consider themselves unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please provide a CV and brief covering letter via Indeed or visit our website at https://www.jackrichards.co.uk/jobs to complete an application form.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need assistance from a recruitment agency we will then contact suitable agencies, local to the area we are recruiting in.