An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Trainee Depot Traffic Planner at our customer, site in Peterborough. You’ll make sure freight is moved in the most efficient way around the country’s road network and depots. You’ll need to consider schedules, costs, and health and safety. Taking care to support our valued drivers and provide excellent customer service.
Hours: Full time – Monday – Friday (Hours based on the business’ needs)
Reporting to the Depot Traffic Planner the duties will include but are not limited to:
The role includes:
- Being a key point of contact for drivers.
- Ensuring all staff comply with site rules
- Assisting the Transport Manager in planning driver routes and tracking vehicles.
- Creating and approving invoices.
- Actively working with drivers to ensure the company’s fuel management system is followed.
- Managing bookings on the Pallet Network.
- Checking order downloads, to ensure all charges are updated.
- Ensuring all driver infringements are recorded and completed efficiently.
- Assisting with yard duties
- Providing cover for the Traffic planner during leave (Holiday/Sickness)
- Presenting customers KPI’s
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good mathematical skills and logical thinking.
- Must have IT skills (Excel, system skills advantageous)
- Be proactive when problems arise and use initiative.
- Be efficient and able to work to timelines, be organised and have the ability to prioritise workload.
- Have excellent communication skills – telephone and email manner
- Work well under pressure.
- Be reliable and an excellent timekeeper.
- Have the ability to work on their own but are also part of a busy transport team.
- Be able to be respectful that whilst being employed by Jack Richards and Son you will be based on a customer site.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need assistance from a recruitment agency, we will then contact suitable agencies, local to the area we are recruiting in.
Candidates/Applicants who have not heard from us by 31st January 2022 should consider themselves unsuccessful on this occasion