Established in 1956 we have continually expanded with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and over 500 general haulage drivers.
Due to additional workloads and continued growth, we are looking to recruit – A Driver Development Trainer , assisting the development of new and existing drivers to achieve maximum fuel efficiency. You’ll work closely with our Training and Compliance departments, to provide ongoing support to our drivers.
Hours of Work: Full-time position, Monday-Friday.
Key duties include:
- Work alongside our Training and Recruitment departments to gain a strong understanding of the driver training support needed for each driver.
- Champion ‘Fuel efficiency’, becoming a key member of our team.
- Deliver a small amount of training to new starters and exciting employees as required.
- Use Telematics performance statistics and deliver training to proactively manage driver performance
- Monitor the standard of new drivers and provide information, advice and guidance.
- Keep and maintain up to date and accurate records of all training undertaken
- Liaise with other personnel such as Transport Managers, Transport Planners and operations desk staff coordinators as necessary in order to maximise benefits for all training provided, ensuring that all training is relevant and in line with best practice
- To maintain communication between the new drivers and the operational teams to ensure all training requirements are achieved and policies are adhered to
- Able to manage effectively and communicate at all levels.
- Proficient using Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Experience in producing clear, accurate and concise written reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively.
- An understanding of current transport legislation and EU/WTD Regulations would be ideal.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need assistance from a recruitment agency, we will then contact suitable agencies, local to the area we are recruiting in.