Established in 1956 we have continually expanded with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and over 500 general haulage drivers.
Due to additional workloads and continued growth, we are looking to recruit now for our Fakenham, Norfolk depot – A Traffic Controller, Night shift.
Although previous experience within a traffic office environment is not required, an interest in Road Transport or Logistics would be an advantage.
Location: Fakenham, Norfolk.
Shift Pattern: 4 nights on, 4 nights off – 19:00 – 07:30 with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break.
Salary: £23,000 with an additional £2,000 bonus.
Day-to-day duties could include:
· Answering inbound calls from both drivers and customers.
· Monitoring drivers working hours and driver activity by the hour.
· Allocating drivers jobs efficiently.
· Proactively dealing with driver’s issues relating to customer deliveries.
· Reporting updates directly to our customers, building strong customer rapport.
· Reporting vehicle faults promptly to the workshop, assisting with booking MOT’s and services.
· Advising drivers both in person and over the telephone,
· Making backup plans to cover changes in circumstances,
· Using computer software packages for booking delivery times, checking to ensure accuracy with details.
· Efficiently communicating with the Traffic Team on updates and issues.
Key Skills Required:
· Good customer service and communication skills,
· Confident approach to handling inbound and outbound calls.
· Problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt plans.
· Strong geographical knowledge of the UK.
· Comfortable with using IT, computer imputing, updates, times and notes etc.
Must be able to cope with a very fast-paced working environment in a busy office.
Please note: Our Traffic office is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
Candidates/Applicants who have not heard from us by 31st January 2022 should consider themselves unsuccessful on this occasion.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need assistance from a recruitment agency we will then contact suitable agencies, local to the area we are recruiting in.