Established in 1956 we have continually expanded with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and over 500 general haulage drivers.
A vacancy has arisen for a Trainee Dispatch Planner at our customer’s site in West Auckland due to an internal promotion.
Hours of Work: 08:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday (or as business dictates).
Reporting to the Transport Manager the duties will include but are not limited to:
- Route planning to fully utilise trailer space whilst taking into consideration driver’s working time regulations and customer demands.
- Creating paperwork for transport office and booking in all deliveries, collections and returns.
- Using in house IT systems to run reports.
- Continuously check the status of the day’s deliveries throughout the day.
- Communicating and liaising with various departments within Smurfit Kappa as well as Jack Richards to ensure a smooth and effective operation.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with all customers and drivers.
- Completing general office administration such as scanning, filing, reporting figures etc.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Good mathematical skills and logical thinking.
- Must have IT skills (Excel, system skills advantageous)
- Be proactive when problems arise and use initiative.
- Be efficient and able to work to timelines, be organised and have the ability to prioritise workload.
- Have excellent communication skills – telephone and email manner
- Work well under pressure.
- Be reliable and an excellent timekeeper.
- Have the ability to work on their own but are also part of a busy transport team.
- Be able to be respectful that whilst being employed by Jack Richards and Son you will be based on a customer site.
Candidates/Applicants who have not heard from us by 30th November 2021 should consider themselves unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please provide a CV and brief covering letter via Indeed or visit our website at https://www.jackrichards.co.uk/jobs to complete an application form.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need assistance from a recruitment agency we will then contact suitable agencies, local to the area we are recruiting in.