A vacancy has arisen for a 12 Month Fixed Term Dispatch Planner at one of our customer sites, you’ll work closely with our Customer’s Depot’s and provide essential assistance to them.
You’ll make sure freight is moved in the most efficient way around the country’s road network and depots. You’ll need to consider schedules, costs, and health and safety. Taking care to support our valued drivers and provide excellent customer service.
Hours will be predominantly Monday – Friday, hours will be discussed at the interview.
A competitive salary is offered.
Reporting to the Transport Manager the duties will include but are not limited to:
- Planning and managing a dedicated and general haulage fleet and sub-contract hauliers,
- Ensuring the maximum use of resources in a cost-effective manner,
- Utilising the Transport Management System to maximise route planning within the given time constraints and service criteria,
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction,
- Communicating and liaising with other departments ensuring a smooth and effective operation,
- Communicating and liaising with regional operations to ensure maximum operating synergies.
Skills and Characteristics:
The ideal candidate needs to:
- Have good IT skills,
- Have excellent communication skills,
- Have a good geographical knowledge of the UK,
- Be efficient and able to work to timelines,
- Be reliable and an excellent timekeeper,
- Have the ability to work on their own,
- Respectful that whilst being employed by Jack Richards and Son Ltd the candidate will be based on a customer site.
A very limited amount of travel will be needed as support will be provided remotely to each depot.
Candidates/Applicants who have not heard from us by 31st January 2022 should consider themselves unsuccessful on this occasion.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need assistance from a recruitment agency we will then contact suitable agencies, local to the area we are recruiting in.