Hours: Averaging 40 hours per week, will include some weekend working.
Salary: Meets NMW
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a willingness to learn to become an HGV Technician within a busy workshop at Fakenham. This is a career opportunity for the right person to join one of the best independent haulage companies in the UK.
The successful candidates must be willing to learn all aspects of the workshop. They will receive on-site training as well as guided tuition at our nominated training provider, covering core mechanical activities including, but not limited to:
- Examination of vehicle and machine systems.
- Periodic servicing of vehicles and machines.
- Replacement and replenishment of components and units.
- Identification and repair of faults in vehicles, machine components and systems.
- Evaluate the information and data interpretation of technical information.
- Correct use of tools and equipment.
- To work within the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
This role will suit candidates with the following attributes:
- Be capable of carrying out instructions accurately and methodically.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Can-do Attitude.
- Good IT skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- An interest in HGVs.
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be a qualified HGV Technician who will be eligible to apply for registration as an Engineering Technician with the relevant professional body.
Closing Date: 31st January 2022
We will only be in touch with successful candidates, if you have not heard from us please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need assistance from a recruitment agency, we will then contact suitable agencies, local to the area we are recruiting in.