Established in 1956, we have continually expanded and now seek to recruit a 4 on 4 off Day Driver Controller/Office Support at our Wisbech, Cambridgeshire depot with an immediate start available for the right candidate.
Outline of the job requirements:
- Answering inbound calls from both drivers and customers,
- Proactively dealing with drivers requests,
- Assisting with the infringement process,
- Reporting vehicle faults promptly to the workshop,
- Communicating effectively with Traffic Planners on updates and issues,
- Monitoring each delivery as it makes its journey
- Making backup plans to cover changes in circumstances
- Keeping the computer system up-to-date with delivery times
- Working as part of a team to maintain excellent standards of cleanliness of fleet, office and yard.
- Other duties will be discussed at the interview stage.
IT skills, GCSE’s in English and maths, or an equivalent level 2 qualification. Experience of working in transport or a distribution background would be beneficial, or in stock control or administration; however, training can be given. Must be able to cope with a very fast-paced working environment.
4 on 4 off shift rotation, starting at 05:15 and finishing at 17:45.
4 days on then 4 days off, only working 182 days a year, less 20 days paid holiday, so 162 nights per year in total – a great work-life balance shift!
£20,070.00 per year with an additional £2,000 attendance bonus.
Please provide a CV and brief covering letter and when would be the best time and number to call you on; in the strictest confidence of course. Interviews will be held in Wisbech by arrangement.
Candidates/Applicants who have not heard from us by 30th November 2021 should consider themselves unsuccessful on this occasion.
Successful applicants will hear from Jack Richards and Son, week commencing 1st November 2021.